How to write a brief
The brief is a pivotal document. Our brief template is designed to help you focus on crucial information, so you can start meaningful conversations with potential partners.
This template is a Google Document. To use it, you'll need to make a duplicate of the document, then edit it to suit your needs.
Here is Word version of the template.Open brief template
Sections in the template
- Project overview - to share the overall aim of the project
- Author details - for the reader to check your level of experience
- Charity details - for the reader to understand the charity better
- Project aims - for project objective, target users, and their need
- Project details - for budget, budget status, and rough timeline
- How to respond to this brief - for the reader to understand the process
Briefs from web design, branding, and capacity-building projects. Get an idea of real briefs and budgets.Example briefs